Arkeia Announces EdgeFort General Availability
Federated Data Protection for Multi-Site Offices with Distributed Data
Paris, France, July 2007 – Arkeia Software, the leading provider of powerful, innovative data protection software, today announced the general availability of EdgeFort, an all-in-one, appliance-based, federated data protection solution.
The EdgeFort appliance product line provides simple, reliable and affordable data protection for remote offices and mid-sized businesses. The EdgeFort appliance is completely integrated with Arkeia’s award winning network backup software and a complete backup hardware system, including disk and an integrated tape drive. Arkeia’s new federated data management architecture allows remote and centralized data protection, making it possible for remote/branch offices to backup, restore and archive critical data, with no local IT resource needed.
“EdgeFort simplifies the usually complex process of managing data protection software and hardware,” said Alain Pechon, CEO of Arkeia Software. “The new federated data protection architecture eliminates the need to build out expensive bandwidth or hire local IT resources because data can remain local with central control.” EdgeFort’s data management architecture leverages proven technology and provides the control needed to easily manage many remote sites at once. Unlike data de-duplication technologies from vendors such as Data Domain (NASDAQ: DDUP) and EMC (NYSE: EMC), there is no level of risk or uncertainty involved and the EdgeFort provides a low entry price with the ability to scale to hundreds of remote sites.
EdgeFort 100 and 200 Series features include
- Arkeia Network Backup V6.1 – the award winning network backup software used by more than 5,000 enterprises worldwide
- Bundled client software for networked servers – removing expensive and time consuming management of licenses for protected servers
- Remote management software – to enable the management of multiple remote EdgeFort appliances through an all new Web interface
- Fully licensed Disk-to-Disk-to-Tape software with integrated VTL – to allow for rapid disk backup and recovery and seamless migration to tape for archive
- Integrated encryption software – to ensure data is protected from creation through archive
- Integrated RAID 1 disk – for reliable near-line data storage and rapid recovery
- Integrated tape drive with the option of LTO, DAT 72 or integrated SCSI connection – to enable off site data archive
“Arkeia has demonstrated years a commitment to innovation and cross- platform data protection, comments Alex Christophe, Sales Director at LinuxIT. “The EdgeFort appliance further demonstrates their leadership in this competitive market as well as much more compelling solution for Microsoft centric organizations with the need for Open Source excellence without the technical skills to manage the business critical Linux server that is the backup and DiR server. What’s more, with its new federated data protection architecture, EdgeFort is perfectly adapted to heterogeneous multi-site environments.”
Pricing and Availability The EdgeFort product line includes 50, 100, 200, 300, and 500 Series models as well as an Administration Console. The 100 and 200 Series are available in July 2007 while the 50, 300 and 500 Series and Administration Console will be available this fall. Pricing for the 100 Series begins at $3,100 and the 200 at $5,800.
About Arkeia Software
Arkeia Software provides federated data protection software and appliances for networked storage. Delivering solutions for midsized enterprises and multi-site organizations, Arkeia Software protects more than 100,000 networks for 5,000 customers in 50 countries. The Arkeia EdgeFort appliance, award-winning Arkeia Network Backup software, Arkeia Smart Backup software and Arkeia Options are delivered through a global network of distributors and value-added reseller partners.