Feature Updates for Open-Xchange Server 5
Open-Xchange today announced a comprehensive feature update for Open-Xchange Server 5. The upgrade adds more than 50 usability improvements to the Linux-based collaboration suite. Click here to download a trial version today.
Open-Xchange Server 5 provides customers with key messaging functions such as email, calendaring, contacts and task management that are fully integrated with advanced groupware features such as document sharing, project tracking,user forums, and a knowledge base. Service Pack 3 for Open-Xchange Server 5 offers major productivity improvements through performance enhancements and through supporting the latest Application Server of Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 4.
“The current release of Open-Xchange Server 5 has been helping organizations collaborate and be more productive for the last two years,” said Gerald Labie, CEO Open-Xchange. “We’ve worked with our customers and partners to identify and deliver improvements to our current feature set and deliver completely new capabilities enhancing the overall value of our solution.”
– Optimized SQL queries, providing customers with large number of users with significant performance improvements
– Optimized synchronization with smart phones and Palm devices
– Enhanced usability for Microsoft Outlook, enhanced support of global address book, and user modifications within Microsoft Outlook vacation notice, filter rules, password, etc.
– Extended search capabilities and functionality
– Support for RedHat Application Server 2, providing customers with a fully supported and maintained Red Hat solution stack
For all customers with valid maintenance subscription, Service Pack 3 is available in the Open-Xchange Maintenance Portal.
Moreover, Open-Xchange Server 5 with Service Pack 3 is now available for evaluation. The Open-Xchange Server 5 evaluation package includes an installation tool, graphical administration module and installation guide for SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 environments. Open-Xchange Server 5 evaluation package is for testing and evaluation, not full production. Reach out, click here to register for a free, 30-day trial.