Last Fantasy XIV 6.3 replace added a brand new degree 90 dungeon known as Lapis Manalis. It is situated within the snowy hinterlands of Garlemald and like most FFXIV dungeons, follows the format of three bosses and provides in-between. We’ll cowl how one can unlock the dungeon and what to anticipate from the bosses.
How you can unlock the 6.3 dungeon, Lapis Manalis
Lapis Manalis is a degree 90 dungeon. The one conditions are:
- Minimal iLVL 590.
- Initiation of the Major State of affairs Quest, King of the Mountain
Lapis Manalis Information
We’ll solely deal with the three bosses under. For the Provides, it is simply the same old recommendation: Group ’em up and keep away from the AoEs.
The primary boss is a frost-like ape monster named Albion.
- Name of the Mountain: When Albion finishes casting this assault, the participant will hear rumbling and a discover will seem on display: “A rumbling within the distance attracts nearer.” Alongside the left and proper facet of the world, avalanche-looking snow will point out the place a gaggle of monsters will run horizontally throughout the platform, trampling any character caught within the rampage. It is like an AoE band, however dressed up. There shall be two such “bands,” so maintain observing each side of the platform after the primary monster parade.
- Left Slam (and later Proper Slam): Albion will forged an AoE that takes up the left facet of the platform. (That is Albion’s left facet and in case your character is going through him within the entrance, not yours.) He’ll typically do a Proper Slam variation of this assault.
- Knock on Ice: Three orange circle markers drop down on the platform, and piles of rocks will drop down shortly. Keep away from the orange AoEs.
- Icebreaker: Albion will tether to at least one rock. Transfer away from this rock, as a result of an AoE will explode across the tethered rock.
- Roar of Albion: This assault has a reasonably lengthy forged time and is indicated by the whole platform getting lined by a light-weight orange AoE. Gamers want to cover behind one of many two remaining rocks earlier than the forged is completed.
From right here on out, Albion would not have any main new mechanics. It will be a repeat of what you’ve got seen, however with some overlap.
- Left Slam (or Proper Slam) + Name of the Wild: Whereas additionally avoiding the animal crossings, gamers additionally want to note which facet of the platform Albion goes to slam his fist down on.
- Albion’s Embrace: He’ll even have a Tankbuster transfer within the second section.
Galatea Magna is the second boss, and she or he has Reaper-like mechanisms.
- Waxing Cycle: The start of this assault is indicated by a giant AoE round Galatea. She’ll set off that melee-range AoE, after which nearly instantly forged a ranged AoE that covers the remainder of the platform–except for melee-range. So gamers want to remain near the sting of that first central AoE with a view to transfer nearer to her shortly when she launches her second AoE.
- Soul Scythe: Galatea will face the doorway gamers come from. She’ll then launch an enormous semi-circle AoE centered on the doorway that takes up a large quantity of the platform. Gamers have to get behind her or keep someplace near her. In case you’re close to the doorway, you may possible get hit.
- Soul Nebula: This assault first lauches a party-wide AoE. Then, two Reaper’s teleportation portals will open on both facet of the platform. Purple-pink arrows in a cross-shape will begin flickering beneath Galatea. This means the form of the AoE she’s going to launch at every Reaper portal, one after the opposite. Gamers have to keep away from the cross-shape AoE bars. In case you get hit by Galatea’s cross-shaped AoE right here, you may get a Doom debuff–something healers must be careful for and take away with Esuna.
- Tenebrism: When Galatea casts Tenebrism, 4 purple circles will present up on the ground. Folks contemporary off the Major State of affairs Quests ought to recall these from the search chain the place Zero fights alongside the twins and the Warrior of Mild towards Voidsents. Every participant ought to select a circle to face in to allow them to soak up the descending purple orb. Gamers can even get inflicted with Glassy Eye (you possibly can see this impact subsequent to your identify within the Social gathering Checklist). When a glowing crimson eye seems above your heads, flip away from the boss to keep away from being petrified.
From right here on out, Galatea will repeat the mechanics we have already seen–but with a twist on Soul Nebula.
- Soul Nebula within the latter half of the struggle: This time there are 4 Reaper portals. They are going to every have one to 4 orbs, and the quantity signifies the order during which Galatea will transport to the portal and set off her cross-shaped AoEs. So for instance, she’ll simply to the portal with one orb first, the portal with two orbs second, and so forth.
Cagnazzo is the ultimate large boss, and he has a water-themed set of assaults.
- Stygian Deluge: Social gathering-wide AoE
- Antediluvian: Large water orbs begin forming in pairs and floating over the platform. Six will type in whole. Within the order of once they first seem, the orbs will set off large round AoEs in pairs. So the east and west orbs’ AoE will explode first collectively, north and south will go off subsequent, after which the remaining pair of orbs can even explode in two large overlapping round AoEs. It is protected to place your self roughly in between the 2 orbs you understand are about to blow up, after which transfer shortly to the following protected space. Throughout this section, Cagnazzo can even do a physique slam–flinging gamers into the goo across the platform in the event that they’re too close to the sting. If you find yourself within the goo, you may be inflicted with Dropsy (sustained water injury over time).
- Hydraulic Ram: Cagnazzo will leap to the sting of the platform. Pink AoE circles and bars will begin flashing and exhibiting up on the platform. When Hydraulic Ram’s forged bar is up, Cagnazzo will zoom throughout the platform within the sample gamers acquired a preview of. To keep away from getting hit by any of his actions, staying close to Cagnazzo’s launch place works–but actually, you possibly can select any location that is not lit up in crimson. In case you get hit a couple of times, you could possibly presumably survive (if at full well being). Greater than three hits means sure dying.
- Hydrofall: Stack marker is positioned on a random participant. Stack to soak up injury.
- Cursed Tide: Cagnazzo jumps to the sting of the platform, and 4 Fearsome Flotsam spear-looking issues present up within the enviornment. Gamers have to DPS the Fearsome Flotsams down earlier than Cagnazzo’s enrage meter fills. For healers, totally different markers with a countdown timer will seem subsequent to every social gathering member’s identify. Three of them will get slight injury, and one social gathering member will get extra injury.
- Voidcleaver: All social gathering members get a purple orb tethered to them. Gamers ought to organize themselves in order that the periodic cone-shaped AoEs emitted by the purple orbs don’t hit different gamers. Easiest method to do that is for every participant to decide on a special nook of the room. On the identical time that the orbs are emitting AoEs, Cagnazzo can even set AoE bands off all through the platform. Keep away from each.
- Void Torrent: Throughout Voidcleaver, Cagnazzo can even unleash a Tankbuster. Tanks ought to goal this away from the remainder of the social gathering.
The remainder of the struggle is only a repeat of the mechanics gamers have already seen.
After Cagnazzo falls, gamers may have efficiently cleared Lapis Manalis. Congrats! If you have not tackled 6.3’s new Alliance Raid, try our FFXIV Euphrosyne information.
The merchandise mentioned right here had been independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot might get a share of the income in case you purchase something featured on our website.