Hogwarts Legacy is the most important Harry Potter recreation launch of all time | UK Boxed Charts


Hogwarts Legacy has bought off to a really huge begin at UK video games retail, and is comfortably the No.1 recreation of the week (GfK knowledge).

It’s the largest launch for any Harry Potter recreation ever, with gross sales 64% greater than the earlier finest — Harry Potter and the Thinker’s Stone from 2001. In actual fact, the most important week for a Harry Potter recreation wasn’t a launch week in any respect, it was the second week of the Thinker’s Stone (as a consequence of hype across the film). Even in comparison with that week, Hogwarts Legacy was nonetheless greater by 2%.

This result’s extra spectacular when you think about that is only for bodily gross sales. Hogwarts Legacy would have obtained a considerable variety of digital downloads (that knowledge will come later within the week), whereas Thinker’s Stone did not have any digital gross sales again in 2001. Subsequently, the success might be much more pronounced as soon as all the info is in.

Harry Potter is the twenty sixth largest online game franchise within the UK, simply behind the Forza sequence however forward of The Legend of Zelda.

See also  The Lich King Is Invading Hearthstone In Season 3

In comparison with final 12 months’s huge fantasy launch, which was Elden Ring, Hogwarts Legacy’s first week gross sales are up 80%.

82% of Hogwarts Legacy’s gross sales had been on PS5, with the remaining 18% on Xbox Collection S and X. Digital gross sales will probably scale back that hole between the 2 platforms as Xbox’s digital share tends to be greater than it’s in bodily (partly as a result of recognition of the digital-only Xbox Collection S).

Anticipate the sport to proceed to hover across the charts, with the PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Swap variations of the sport as a consequence of arrive over the approaching months.

Holding agency at No.2 this week is Sony’s God of Conflict Ragnarok, with gross sales up 10%. The motion journey PlayStation recreation is a part of a highly regarded PS5 {hardware} bundle.

FIFA 23 slips from No.1 to No.3 after a small 3% drop in gross sales week-on-week, whereas Mario Kart 8: Deluxe remains to be at No.4, regardless of gross sales falling 10%.

See also  Pokemon Go is launching the Crackling Voltage occasion quickly with Shiny Helioptile, Tapu Koko and a Staff Go Rocket Takeover

There was some pricing exercise on Nintendo Swap video games this week, which has seen video games stand up the charts. Animal Crossing: New Horizons jumps seven locations to No.5 after a 40% bounce in gross sales week-on-week. New Tremendous Mario Bros U Deluxe leaps eight locations to No.10, Mario Strikers: Battle League Soccer rushes up 25 locations as a consequence of a 197% gross sales enhance, Tremendous Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury grows 68% and goes from No.27 to No.15, Mario Tennis Aces re-enters the chart at No.17 (gross sales up 182%) and Luigi’s Mansion 3 is at No.20 (gross sales up 88%).

Current launch Lifeless House falls from No.3 to No.7 after a 52% drop in gross sales, whereas Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake drops from No.10 to No.34 in its second week after a 60% gross sales drop.

Right here is the GfK UK Boxed High Ten for the week ending February 11, 2023:

Final Week This Week Title
New Entry 1 Hogwarts Legacy
2 2 God of Conflict Ragnarok
1 3 FIFA 23
4 4 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
11 5 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
5 6 Name of Responsibility: Trendy Warfare 2
3 7 Lifeless House
6 8 Nintendo Swap Sports activities
7 9 Minecraft (Swap)
18 10 New Tremendous Mario Bros U Deluxe
See also  Metacore snags Supercell's Everdale

Largest Harry Potter Sport Launches (GfK knowledge)

Place 12 months Title
1 2023 Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
2 2001 Harry Potter and the Thinker’s Stone (EA)
3 2010 LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 – 4
4 2002 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques (EA)
5 2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Hearth
6 2004 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (EA)
7 2007 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix (EA)
8 2010 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 (EA)
9 2009 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (EA)
10y 2003 Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
11 2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (EA)
12 2016 LEGO Harry Potter Assortment (Warner Bros)
13 2001 LEGO Creator: Harry Potter (Focus)
14 2012 Harry Potter for Kinect (Warner Bros)
15 2005 Harry Potter Assortment (EA)
16 2004 Harry Potter Deluxe Version (Aspyr)

Join the GI Every day right here to get the most important information straight to your inbox


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here